1678 Nye Homestead
An historic Cape Cod house museum
Open June 23rd to Oct 20th. Tuesday – Saturday, 11-4.
On peaceful Old County Rd. East Sandwich, MA on historic Cape Cod
$5.00 admission. Children under 12 are free. Members’ off-season tours: 508-888-4213
Nye Homestead & Museum … plus much more to see!
Below are links to information on Sandwich, Cape Cod and also links to many Nye Sites on the web. Most of these sites were found through standard search engines. The Nye Family Association, and NyeFamily.org neither endorse, support, or are in any way affiliated with these sites or products.
For a list of places to stay while in Sandwich: accommodations page.
• Sandwich Glass Museum - Sandwich's famous glass museum
• The Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa - A Historic Inn in Sandwich
• Heritage Museums & Gardens - Beautiful Gardens, Auto Museum, 1903 Carousel, Children's Activities. Famous for its rhododendrons late May.
• Sandwich Public Library - Contains much information on Sandwich
• Sturgis Library - Oldest Library on Cape Cod with many old books and information. Known for its genealogy resources.
• Sandwich Chamber of Commerce - Information Source for places to go & things to do
• Canal Region Chamber of Commerce - Has much information on the Canal Region Towns & Resources
• Cape & Islands Historical Association - Museums, Historical Societies and Libraries of Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket
• New England Museum Association (NEMA) - Museum people & Museums in New England
• The Cape Cod Museum Trail - We are one of more than 30 museums on the Museum Trail
• Cape Cod Museum of Art - The Cape Cod Museum of Art’s mission is to collect, study, interpret and exhibit works by outstanding artists with a regional association.
• Plymouth Archaeological Rediscovery Project - Archaeology site
• East Sandwich Grange Hall - The ideal place to hold a community event or a private function.
Links to Nye Websites:
Bill Nye - The science guy
Nye Elementary Academy of Advanced Technology - San Diego, CA
David E. Nye - Link to MIT Press site for books by University of Denmark professor
Nye Beach - Historic beach on the coast of Oregon
Nye & Company, Bloomfield, NJ Auctioneers and appraisers - Morris Plains, NJ auctioneers and appraisers
Naomi Shihab Nye - American Poet
Pine Creek Grist Mill - Muscatine, IA historic sitr
Jody Lynn Nye - Author
Wm. M. Nye Company - Everything for the Morse code enthusiast.. telegraph keys, etc.
The Benjamin Nye Homestead & Museum is an historic preservation project of the the Nye Family of America Association, Inc. a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. We are affiliated with the organizations listed below: